Every product was carefully curated by an Esquire editor. We may earn a commission from these links.
im电竞官网-It's never not guac season. Learn to make some seriously good—and spicy—guacamole in just over 30 seconds.
Every man should be able to hold his own in the kitchen. And you shouldn't need to attend culinary school to know the basics. Whether you're looking to make healthier meals or simply spruce up your technique, we've got you covered with our essential kitchen know-how.
How to Make the Best Guacamole
1. To keep your guacamole green, get your prep work done first. Dice one half of an onion, a small jalapeño, one large clove of garlic and two Roma tomatoes. Throw in a finely chopped and seeded chile for an extra kick.
2. Next, chop your fresh cilantro. Place a sprinkling of salt on your cutting board to keep your herbs from flying away as you go.
3. For a decent-sized batch, start with three ripe Hass avocados. Slice 'em in half and empty the pulp into a bowl. Some think keeping a pit in your guac is the key to keeping it green, but the jury's still out on that one. For the superstitious, feel free to add a pit at the end.
im电竞官网-4. In a large bowl, combine the avocado pulp with 1/2 teaspoon cumin and 1/2 teaspoon smoked or regular cayenne. Use a fork or pestle to make sure the spices and avocado are well-acquainted.
5. Next, add your vegetables and herbs, holding back some cilantro to garnish. Some chunks are good; there's no need to get too aggressive with the mixing here.
6. Squeeze the juice of one lime into the bowl, being careful not to include seeds. Citrus helps keep the fresh green color of the avocado and adds a sharp and tangy kick.
im电竞官网-7. If you're patient, throw a cover on your bowl and let it rest in the fridge for an hour before serving to let the flavors reach their peak. If you can't wait, garnish with cilantro and finish with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
* This article is part of The Code, an editorial partnership between Esquire and .